Potential bug in the W3C validator

From: William Wattermann <william.wattermann@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 18:24:16 +0000
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hello! I am a beginning Web Developer, and I wanted to ask if there is a
good reason why, when I validate the same file via 1. direct input and 2.
file upload, it comes up with a different answer? According to the direct
input I have no mistakes (it is a textbook project, so I would hope that
there aren't any!) but when I use file upload, it tells me there is a
mistake. Am I doing something different? I attached the HTML file to this
email.

Thank you!

William Wattermann

--