Re: 403 Error

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 09:21:52 +0100
To: Peter <peter@big-click.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
On 2 Sep 2015, at 12:01, Peter wrote:

> i validated my pages with your site. So far i never had problems using the validator, but since two days i get an 403 Forbidden response.
>
> I´m not aware of any changes on my end that could cause this behavior. Do you have any ideas what may cause the 403?
>
> „IO Error: HTTP resource not retrievable. The HTTP status from the remote server was: 403."

It is the validator getting a 403 response from the URL you are trying to validate. The validator isn't returning a 403 itself.

There are lots of things that could cause that including a server configuration that blocks clients based on IP address or user agent string.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.co.uk/