Re: HTML5 Validation Error Consult

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 20:25:39 +0900
To: Kevin Fu <kevin.fu.scorpion@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Hi Kevin,

Kevin Fu <kevin.fu.scorpion@gmail.com>, 2015-05-13 11:59 +0800:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to validate my web site: http://www.theplace1887.com
> It’s a simple HTML page. But the result says I have an unexpected </p> end tag and I’m pretty sure I don’t. (Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 11.57.59 AM.png)
>
> The begin <p> tag is on line 221.
>
> Is there anything I missing? Thank you for your time.

You can’t put div element inside of a p element. So when the HTML parser
reaches the div start tag on line 224, it closes rhe p element you opened
on line 221. Essentially it automatically generates a closing p tag. And
then later it finds another closing p tag on line 292 but it has already
closed the p element. Hence the error message you’re seeing.

  ーMike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike