Re: False Error Messages

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 16:53:33 +0900
To: Fred Ruckstahl <themysterycat@mail.com>
Cc: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi Fred,

Fred Ruckstahl <themysterycat@mail.com>, 2015-05-17 01:26 +0200:

> It would be nice if you could eliminate the false error messages.

What exactly do you mean by “false error messages”? Can you give specific
examples, or a URL for a document that generates “false error messages?

> The the validator claimed seven erros on each of the last two pages we
> checked when in fact, there was only one on each of the pages.

What are the URLs for those documents? Or a URL for another document that
causes the validator to generate what you consider “false” errors?

> Now, someone will be tempted to respond that these are subsequent errors
> that would exist if the actual error was not corrected to which we will
> reply, "We don't care about any subsequent errors!"  All we need to know
> is which tags are incorrect. and we don't like wasting our time trying to
> track down errors that don't exist.

Without any specific examples of what you mean, it’s very hard to
understand at all what you’re talking about.

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike