Re: Nu HTML Checker and ampersands

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 21:40:35 +0900
To: Rich Webster <rwebster@bcpl.org>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

> > Thank you for the service. The Nu HTML Checker takes my copied and pasted
> > source, with ampersands coded as &amp;, and changes them to plain &s when
> > it does the validation test.
>
> Thanks for the report. I doesn’t do that if you use the form at
> https://validator.w3.org/nu/ directly. So please consider doing that instead.
>
> I see that it does change the ampersands if you instead use the form at
> https://validator.w3.org/ So that’s a bug that I need to fix.

I’ve now fixed it be taking a different approach to way the document gets
passed on to https://validator.w3.org/nu/ This approach should ensure that
the content of the document doesn’t get altered at all before it’s sent on.

If you find any other problems with it, let me know.

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike