Re: [VE][libxml2-205] Confused about validation error: colon are forbidden from entities names 'CWM:ChangeableKind'

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 17:40:13 +0200
To: Friedrich Röhrs <f.roehrs@mis.uni-saarland.de>, www-validator@w3.org
2015-01-21, 16:04, Friedrich Röhrs wrote:

> validating
> http://hrview.de/measures/index.php/xml/generate/dd5ea5c4-4e48-4e9b-8d44-91a75694ef74
> (i have attached the xml) i get many errors of the following kind:
>
> colon are forbidden from entities names 'CWM:ChangeableKind'

Apparently the W3C Markup Validator enforces XML Namespaces rules,
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/
According to them, “No entity names, processing instruction targets, or
notation names contain any colons.”

This is understandable, given the orientation towards validating HTML
and publicly defined XML languages (MathML, SVG). But I cannot find any
statement on the Namespaces issue at
http://validator.w3.org/about.html

Yucca