Re: IE=Edge,chrome=1 Error Appears Mistaken

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 17:37:55 +0900
To: Christopher Werby <cwerby@pipsqueak.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

> Hello,
>
> On several of my pages, I’m getting the following error:
>
> Error: X-UA-Compatible HTTP header must have the value IE=edge, was IE=Edge,chrome=1.
>
> But the meta tag that is on the page (http://freelen.org <http://freelen.org/>) is this:
>
> There’s no “,chrome=1” anywhere on the page.
>
> Is there something wrong with the validator or have I made a mistake?
> It’s certainly possible that it’s the latter!

Yeah, notice that the message mentions the “HTTP header”, not the meta
element. So, somewhere in your Web-server config, there’s apparently
something set up to send this header:

And it should instead be sending this:

But you can’t fix it just by editing the HTML source. You instead need to
change the Web-server config (e.g., if you’re using Apache, in a .htaccess
file, or in the system config file for Apache).

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike