Web Service

From: Ken Culp <kculp@nmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 11:21:50 -0400
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
As part of my teaching web development in our Computer Science program, I
use my own course management system that allows student exercise uploads and
display of their solutions both in the browser and in syntax highlighted
fashion. I can have the program automatically fed into your validator which
shows the full report. However, it would be really nice if I could just
fetch back a list of errors which I could display in my system beside their
solution.

Do you have or are you interested in providing a web service where a page
could be passed in as a parameter and a compact error list retrieved as
output? The compact list would not be a verbose as the full report but list
only the error message, a line number, and a highlighted part of their
source. Perhaps the output would be an HTML table?

Just a thought. Thanks for your service; it is great.

Ken Culp

Faculty, Computer Science

Northern Michigan University

Marquette, Michigan 49855