Re: html5 validator error for <meta charset="UTF-8">

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 13:28:38 +0300
To: Clive Barton <clive.barton@sky.com>, www-validator@w3.org
2014-05-27 2:48, Clive Barton wrote:

> I used your html5 validator on my website home page:
> www.styleinteriordesigns.co.uk <http://www.styleinteriordesigns.co.uk>
>
> It shows an error for the line: <meta charset="UTF-8"> /(Inside the
> <head> area of the web page)/

There is no error reported when I test it:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.styleinteriordesigns.co.uk%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

There is one warning message, with text that says that there are two
warnings (there is something wrong with the way the validator counts
warnings).

> I copied this line directly from W3Schools charset info (pertaining to
> html5), so I think this may be an error in the validator.

W3Schools is very unreliable, and it is no no way affiliated with the
W3C. See http://w3fools.com. But the tag <meta charset="UTF-8"> is correct.

Did you change something on the page, or did you use some special
settings in the user interface of the validator?

Yucca