Re: Problem with validation

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 17:11:27 +0300
To: Pieter Bessemer <pieter.bessemer@gmail.com>, www-validator@w3.org
2014-06-24 15:19, Pieter Bessemer wrote:

> We are trying to get the 'perfect' website up and running and someone
> suggested that we first made sute that we got W3C compliant. Now we are
> checking the scan tool :
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2014Jun/0005.html..

What? That link points to a previous post on this list. Are you saying
that you have the same problem? So didn’t the answer solve it?

> Now we are getting some errors and some of them warnings. Maybe I am
> overlooking something but how do we see the differrents between the
> types in the overview? Thanks voor any reply!

We really need to see the URL of the site and a reference to the
messages you did not understand.

> Webdeveloper @ http://simonly.today

Do you mean *that* page (or site)? The error messages look rather
self-explanatory (e.g., the first one is simply about a homeless </p>
tag). What kind of a further explanation would you need. The warnings
are more obscure, but they say a relatively simple thing: normally, a
page should contain only one h1 element, and its content should not be
empty.

Yucca