Re: Find a BUG of [ W3C Markup Validation Service ]

2014-07-16 9:00, De Xin DX Yuan wrote:

> Here is part of my code, you can find <p class="bodycopy1"> have not
> been closed, but it show no error in W3C Markup Validation Service,

This is not an error. HTML rules allow the omission of the end tag </p>.
It is implied e.g. when a <p> tag is encountered and there is an open p
element.

This does not apply in XHTML, but the W3C validator does not support
XHTML5 (XHTML serialization of HTML5). It is supported by
http://validator.nu - but that validator, like the HTML5 validation part
of the W3C validator, is experimental software. In this case it gives an
error message, but a rather cryptic one (and a simple error message
about missing xmlns attribute; that attribute is required in the <html>
tag in XHTML).

Yucca