Re: HTML 5 conformance: table border obsolete?

2014-02-06 12:09, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:

 > Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@målform.no>, 2014-02-06 03:10 +0100:
[...]
>> Mike, you are not answering the question.
>
> You're right, sorry.

Mike, you are still not answering the question.

> As I understand it, you're probably suggesting I should try to answer the
> question of why, in the particular document that the OP cited, using legacy
> table@border=1 markup for presentational purposes is a better choice

Whatever Leif may have suggested (and I don’t think he suggested that),
the original question was:

“Is this a validator bug?”

>> The answer is that @border is conforming in HTML5 and that the validator
>> has a bug if it does not allow it. There was a change proposal process to
>> have @border added back into the spec, and the CP prevailed.
>
> OK, understood. As far as that goes, could you please take a minute to file
> a bug report?

I don’t get it. It seems that the validators http://validator.w3.org and
http://validator.w3.org/nu/ were recently changed to report the border
attribute as an error, against the draft specifications and against what
http://www.validator.nu does. Instead of fixing this bug, you’re
suggesting opening a bug report and, as per your later comment, to
continue the discussion there.

What is there to be discussed? Either you fix the bug, or you don’t. I
don’t think there is anything to be discussed, as the draft
specifications are so clear. What the specifications should say is a
different issue

And I suppose the original poster deserves a simple answer to the simple
question (and to the natural followup question “when will it be fixed?”).

Yucca