Re: Search engines need new <meta> keywords

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:22:56 +0530
To: Eric Richards <2eric.richards@gmail.com>
Cc: W3C WWW Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
> The suggestion is so webmasters can divide there web pages into groups
> that could be used as “keywords” in the <meta> section of the web page

Though I lack a good pointer this is probably not the best forum for
this. And starting a discussion first—before adding <meta> extensions
[1], where you might be coming from—is probably a good idea.

However, on the topic, it seems to me that’s where the Web pretty much
came from (reliance on meta data which turned into keyword stuffing
and such).

[1] http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/MetaExtensions

--
Jens O. Meiert