[VE][html5] spurious "must have child option" when all options in optgroups

From: Ken Geis <kgeis@berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:16:27 -0700
To: www-validator@w3.org
I got the following error when validating my document. The HTML 4.01
spec says that the select element must contain an option, but it does
not say that it must be a child of the select element. The validator
throws the message when all options are inside optgroups, and I think
that should not be an error.

Error [html5]: " A select element with a required attribute and without
a multiple attribute, and whose size is 1, must have a child option
element."