Re: When was the W3C HTML Validator launched?

From: Jaime Iniesta <jaimeiniesta@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 23:01:27 +0200
To: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Cc: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>
Thanks Philip, Yukka...

Following the link from the Wikipedia I found this press release:

##############
http://www.w3.org/Press/HTML4-REC

CAMBRIDGE, MA, USA -- 18 December, 1997 (...)

W3C HTML Validation Service

To further promote the reliability and fidelity of communications on the
Web, W3C today also introduced the W3C HTML Validation Service at
http://validator.w3.org/ (...)

So I think we can take this date, 18 December 1997, as the official launch
date of the HTML validator.

Thanks!
Jaime