Re: Error on generator-unable-to-provide-required-alt

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 18:08:42 +0200
To: "Jan P." <proedie@arcor.de>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Jan P., Tue, 03 Sep 2013 11:20:16 +0200:

> In a nutshell, this is a *feature request*, not a bug report: When there
> is a generator-unable-to-provide-required-alt="" attribute, the
> validator should report a warning instead of two errors.

I don't wanna think too much about this issue … But, yeah, the spec
describes something that validators could optionally implement.
Clearly, the W3C NU validator does not implement it. For me, that’s OK,
as I am not very found of this detail of the HTML5 specification.
--
leif halvard silli