Re: [VE][html5] Add Subject Here

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 19:26:36 +0300
To: Matilda Boking <matilda.boking@hotmail.com>
CC: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>
2013-10-04 15:20, Matilda Boking wrote:

> The site I am checking:
> http://webshare.hkr.se/MABO0118/ip1ht13/iu1/dokumentformatering.html
> When i validate is says that i have one error that says:
> Error /Line 18, Column 8/: The center element is obsolete. Use CSS instead.

It does not say that any more. You seem to have modified the page.

> |<center*>*|
>
> How should I fix this?

It depends on the context and isn’t reall a validation issue.

> I want all the text until the table to be centered.

You seem to have achieved that by using CSS, text-align: center, so
technically you have found the answer. But centering normal text
paragraphs makes them *very* difficult to read.

So the best solution would have been to drop the <center> element and
stop wanting to center.

Yucca