Re: [VE][html5] Add Subject Here Getting an error for using Unicode PUAs!

From: Anon SU <anonymous84327@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 00:13:44 +0700
To: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Thank you for the long and detailed reply.

The use of PUA is optional in IcoMoon, as according to their
documentation:

*Using Latin letters is not recommended for icons fonts. Using the Private
> Use Area of Unicode is the best option for icon fonts. By using PUA
> characters, your icon font will be compatible with screen readers. But if
> you use Latin characters, the screen reader might read the single meaning
> less letters, which would be confusing.*

Is it a wrong usage? if so, what would you suggest as an alternative?
I have customers asking me why their website gets a warning by the W3C
Validator, what should I tell them? that the Validator is wrong?
Thanks for your explanations.