Alteration to the validator's interface

From: Alex Ross <aross.nathan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 19:14:28 -0600
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi there,

I like the new validator except for one aspect; the inability to go
straight to text input via the URL bar. It could previously be done at the
traditional W3C Validator via
http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input+with_options but currently it is
not possible with this new validator as it uses JavaScript to change the
content of the page and text input content isn't pre-loaded in.

I like having this feature because then I can simply type "validator" into
my URL bar and it goes to W3 validator with the text input up. Whereas if I
want to validate a URL I type into my URL bar: validate
http://www.somedomain.tld/document/to/validate/here.html

Thanks for taking the time to read this message and I hope that you take it
into consideration,

Alex Ross