validator cannot find my servers

From: Kevin McManus <K.McManus@greenwich.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 11:16:37 +0100
To: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>
CC: "cps@gre.ac.uk" <cps@gre.ac.uk>
I have used the w3c validator for some decades but it has started to report 500 read timeout on...

http://www.cms.gre.ac.uk/
http://staffweb.cms.gre.ac.uk/~mk05/
http://stuweb.cms.gre.ac.uk/~mk05/

I have checked domain records using squish and all appears OK.

The validator can find
http://www2.gre.ac.uk/

Are we doing something in cms.gre.ac.uk to block access?
Have we been blacklisted?

k.mcmanus@gre.ac.uk - http://staffweb.cms.gre.ac.uk/~mk05
Dr Kevin McManus
Queen Mary 413
School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences
University of Greenwich
Park Row, Greenwich, London, UK, SE10 9LS
+44 (0)208 331 8719

University of Greenwich, a charity and company limited by guarantee,
registered in England (reg. no. 986729).  Registered office:
Old Royal Naval College, Park Row, Greenwich, London SE10 9LS.