Re: The problem with the encoding koi8-r

"Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>, 2013-12-03 00:42 +0200:

> 2013-12-01 14:10, NIKA TOUR Co. Ltd. wrote:
> >Here is a link - /http://nika-tour.org/Excursions/ysupov_palace_ru.html
>
> It is a windows-1251 encoded page, properly declared as windows-1251 when
> viewed in a browser.
>
> But it seems that the server has been (mis)configured to declare koi8-r when
> requested by the validator. This is something that you need to take to your
> server admin.

I get "Content-Type: text/html; charset=koi8-r" for it in Firefox and
Chromium. If you're seeing windows-1251 in the header, I wonder whether it
might be trying to send something different based on user locale setting or
IP address. Or something.

  --Mike