Re: Validation bug - XHTML 1.1 and XHTML+RDFa

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 08:56:46 +0300
To: Liam Morland <lkmorlan@uwaterloo.ca>
CC: www-validator@w3.org
2013-08-29 0:30, Liam Morland wrote:

> Why am I still getting an error for using @lang in XHTML+RDFa 1.0?

Presumably because it is invalid according to the DTD specified.

> I today downloaded the DTD from:
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-rdfa-1.dtd
> Unless I am misreading it, @lang is allowed along with @xml:lang.

The DTD indeed contains the following definition:

<!ENTITY % lang.attrib
      "xml:lang     %LanguageCode.datatype;  #IMPLIED
       lang         %LanguageCode.datatype;  #IMPLIED"

It's just an entity declaration, so we would need to track down how it
is used. The XHTML modularization is a relatively simple concept, but it
gets rather messy in practice.

 > I would appreciate it if the validator would updated to use the most
 > current DTDs.

The DTD mentioned is dated 26-Jun-2009. If it has a bug, perhaps it
hasn't been noticed, since the DTD is used so little. The DTD at
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-rdfa-1.dtd
is newer and does not have this problem.

Yucca