Re: [VE][325] Add Subject Here

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 11:17:35 +0300
To: "Michael[tm] Smith" <mike@w3.org>
CC: www-validator@w3.org
2013-04-17 9:16, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:

> "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>, 2013-04-17 09:10 +0300:
>
>> 2013-04-16 11:24, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:
>>
>>>    http://qa-dev.w3.org:8888/
>>>
>>> The way it works is that after you validate a document, you can use the
>>> "Message filtering" button there to hide/unhide whole classes of errors,
>>> or individual ones, or warnings or info messages to.
>>
>> This is a great improvement!
>>
>> I wonder if the settings made could be stored in a cookie or otherwise
>> saved. When validating a site, you normally want to apply some specific
>> settings for suppressing some types of messages. The user interface in the
>> development version is great for a single file, but making the same clicks
>> for n + 1 files gets very tedious.
>
> It uses LocalStorage to store your settings, so those settings then persist
> for any other documents you validate. And you can always change the
> settings back however you want, if you want to adjust them differently for
> other documents.

Excellent! I hope this will be put to production relatively soon.

This seems to be specifically for HTML5 validation. Perhaps this should
be said on the page - there's the HTML5 logo, but with alt and title
text "HTML5 Powered", so it just says that the page itself uses HTML5.

(I tested what it says about http://www.w3.org and realized that this
experimental validator does not do any doctype switching.)

Yucca