Re: Element h10, validating HTML5

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 23:24:05 +0900
To: "G. Vlokkentest" <muurtje110@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
"G. Vlokkentest" <muurtje110@gmail.com>, 2012-09-27 20:02 +0200:

>     Error Line 61, Column 49: Element script must not have attribute
> charset unless attribute src is also specified.
>
>             <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">

http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/the-script-element.html#attr-script-charset
"The charset attribute gives the character encoding of the external script
resource. The attribute must not be specified if the src attribute is not
present."

>     Error Line 277, Column 121: Element h10 not allowed as child of element
> a in this context.
>        (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.)
>
>     …lass="textwidget"><a href="/over-ons"><h10>Over Ons</h10></a><br />
>
> The supportlink transparant didn't bring me further.
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/content-models.html#transparent
>
> Do you know how to allow element h10 as child in this context? Or isn't it
> possible?

It's not possible. The HTML language has no h10 element. Only h1 to h6.

  http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/the-aside-element.html#the-h1,-h2,-h3,-h4,-h5,-and-h6-elements

If you have some good reason to be using an h10 element that's fine, but
you need to realize it's not going to validate. (But it's hard to imagine
any good reason for using an h10 element.)