Re: checklink: false positives for broken links

2012-09-02 22:30, Star Ostgard wrote:

> Did linkchecker for http://shadowwalker.info/archives_a.html and it
> listed these four supposedly broken links:
>
> Line: 272 http://happyholly.co.uk/FanFiction/2011/10/30/a-matter-of-opinion/
>     *Status*: 404 Not Found

Something odd is happening here. When I try to run the link checker
directly on the happyholly.co.uk page, I get an analysis with 404 Not
Found, too. Yet, using most browsers, that page is available, and using,
on Firefox, Tamper Data to remove all HTTP headers except Host, I still
get to the page (so this can't be the effect of some User-Agent sniffing
or anything like that).

But using Lynx 2.8.7rel.1, I get this:

% lynx -mime_header
http://happyholly.co.uk/FanFiction/2011/10/30/a-matter-of-opinion/