Re: Recognise line returns in content to validate when executing from the command line

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:22:22 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org
On 2012-10-18 11:34, Jon Cram wrote:

> I'm looking to increase the HTML validation throughput (currently at
> 6000 HTML validations per hour) by calling the main validator script
> from the command line so as to avoid the overhead of spinning up Apache
> to handle validations.

That might help, but then again running the validator with mod_perl
should be even faster... (preloaded perl interpreter and bunch of
modules). There are examples how to do that in the config files shipped
with the validator.

> What could I try to have line returns accepted in the fragment argument?

Try %0A instead of \n and %0D instead of \r, or depending on your shell,
something like this should work (at least it does with bash for me):