Parity between http://validator.w3.org/nu and http://html5.validator.nu/

From: Jon Cram <jon@webignition.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 10:15:09 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi All,

I notice from recent messages on this list that Mike Smith applied some
changes to http://validator.w3.org/nu.

I have a local install of both the W3C validator backed by a local
install of the validator.nu HTML engine. The validator.nu engine was
installed as documented at http://about.validator.nu/#src.

Are changes applied to http://validator.w3.org/nu are also applied to
the equivalent validator at http://html5.validator.nu/? Are both
services derived from the same codebase, such that changes are made to a
single codebase and then deployed to both http://validator.w3.org/nu and
http://html5.validator.nu/?

What I ultimately would like to know is: when I see on this mailing list
that http://validator.w3.org/nu has received fixes, should I expect a
local reinstall of the validator.nu validator to also contain the same
fixes?

Kind regards,
Jon Cram