Re: html5 meta validation warning

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 00:08:54 +0300
To: "gene89@gmail.com" <gene89@gmail.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org
2012-10-17 22:15, gene89@gmail.com wrote:

> I checked my HTML5 website width only header meta elements and I've got
> so many error message, because I wrote my page these meta tags:

HTML5 has its own approach to meta tags. It defines a limited set of
meta tags you can use:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/the-meta-element.html#the-meta-element
and there it specifies an extension mechanism:
http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/MetaExtensions

If you have objections to this principle, you can raise them in the
HTML5 work carried out by the W3C.

If you wish to register some meta name="..." attributes, read the
instructions in the wiki.

The only validator-related issue is whether the wiki content is
reflected in the validator. I'm afraid there is no real-time connection.
And it's probably an issue to be discussed with people who work on
http://validator.nu since the HTML5 validation part of the W3C Markup
Validator is a copy of validator.nu code.

Yucca