Single incorrect closing leads to tons of error messages.

From: Philip van Diemen <philip@van-diemen-de-jel.nl>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:23:28 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hello Validator,

As I make my own webpages, I am a frequent user of the validation service.
A known problem for any validator (syntax checker) is to re-synchronize
after an error (working in the IT I know how hard it is).  But in this case
a single mistake led to 61 error messages.  Some attention to
re-synchronization (prioritizing on syntax elements) is warranted for.

The mistake was in the beginning of the document:

<h1>Some header</h2>

After that, every <P> or </P> led to an error message.

The -now corrected-  page was:

Keep up to good work,
kind regards,
Philip van Diemen