Hyphens

From: Mervyn Waine <petraandcarly@me.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:07:44 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

re www.petraceason.co.uk

My WebPlus X5 Website creation program Site Checker, warned me that my hyphens would not pass W3C Validation. I deleted all I could find, but it has changed the meaning or in some cases sense of the wording.
I want/need hyphens on my Website.
How can I have them, and still pass Validation.

I searched the W3C information Forums, but got lost in the Java and html jargon, so if the answer is there I could not find it.

Please, how can I have hyphens, and pass validation? It is the only criterion on which my website fails, apparently.

Petra Ceason.

mervynandpetra@gmail.com