Feed Validation Service - iTunes U namespace and itunes:order element not recognised

From: <T.S.Williams@lse.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 16:54:42 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
I ran the W3C feed validator against several of our feeds and they do
not validate.

e.g.

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/assets/richmedia/webFeeds/studyAtLse_iTunesRssVide
oOnlyAllitems.xml

The validator says that itunes:order is an undefined element. However
the validator will accept the other itunes elements in our feed and
itunes:order is definitely a valid (albeit newer) itunes element -
http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html#order . Could the
itunes:order element be added to the validator software?

Also, the validator says that the iTunes U namespace is an unknown
namespace. The iTunes U namepace is - http://www.itunesu.com/feed - as
defined here -
http://deimos.apple.com/rsrc/doc/iTunesUAdministrationGuide/ManagingiTun
esUCoursePages/chapter_11_section_6.html It's now quite a commonly used
namespace and has been around for quite a few years - could you arrange
for it to be added to the validator software?

Regards
Tom Williams