rel="publisher" and G+ badge

From: Artful Dodger <ad7863@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 09:32:31 +0000
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hey, I've added the Google+ badge to my website and it's throwing up this error:

"Line 29, Column 79: Bad value publisher for attribute rel on element link: Keyword publisher is not registered.

<link href="https://plus.google.com/102054972716913895643" rel="publisher">"

Is there any ways around this? I've seen quite a few people with this problem. Some people that I've asked are saying that it's right and the validator needs to change?

I don't know what to do.

Thanks.
--
@ad7863