Re: Validator not well today ?

2012-03-03 11:55, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> For
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/recent.php
>
> --------
> Error External Checker not available
>
> Checking the Document Type of this document requires the help of an
> external tool which was either not enabled in this validator, or is
> currently unavailable. Check in the validator's system configuration
> that HTML5 Validator is enabled and functional.

Looks odd, as if the validator encountered an error in reading its own
error message data, or something.

The validator generally seems to work, even for <!doctype html>. I don't
see anything particular (validator-wise) in the document, but it
triggers some bug (even when submitted via Direct Input, so it's not
about HTTP headers).

I suppose the bug could be isolated using divide and conquer on the
document (submitting it piecewise until one can find the piece that
triggers the bug), but hopefully there is some faster way.

Yucca