Re: Export Options

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 19:06:52 +0900
To: John Albaugh <JohnA@vdsys.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
John Albaugh <JohnA@vdsys.com>, 2012-06-05 09:28 -0400:

> I am in the QA process of a web project and as I check the validation of
> pages I noticed that there aren't any simple export options of the
> reports generated.  Being able to download a csv, xml, or excel file of
> a validation report would be extremely helpful as I assemble reports and
> manage QA for our projects.

If you use the W3C Nu Validator, you can use the REST API with the "out"
parameter to get errors reported in alternative formats; the ones that are
intended for post-processing are:

  http://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http://vdsys.com&out=json
  http://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http://vdsys.com&out=xml
  http://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http://vdsys.com&out=gnu