Re: Different results when validating by URI or Direct Input

2012-07-30 7:57, Andreas Gomm wrote:

> I´m getting different results when I´m validating my website by direct
> input and by URI. When I copy/paste the html source it validates fine
> but when I enter the URI I get (some) errors.

The reason is that what you copy and paste differs from what the
validator gets when using a URI.

> Are the different validation methods using different code for the
> validation?

No.

> The URI I´m testing is:
> http://www.genteycasas.com/es-co/product/terms-of-use

If you check the "Show source" checkbox under "Options", you'll see that
the page that the server sends to the validator differs from the version
if sends to browsers - or most browsers, since on Lynx, the markup seems
to match what the validator gets.

So apparently the server responds differently to different user agents,
probably via some server-side browser-sniffing.

Yucca