inconsistent results from validator

From: Ingersoll, Richard C. Mr. <ingersrc@muohio.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:36:51 -0500
To: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>
I have been using the W3C HTML validator dozens of times per day for the last 6 or 7 years.

Today it seems to be not only running slowly but is giving me inconsistent results. A given page will validate on one attempt; then subsequently will be reported as being invalid (sometimes with 6 errors, sometimes with 3, sometimes with none again, sometimes with 7). All of this without the page being edited or a new page being uploaded.

Is anyone else getting this sort of behavior?

Thanks.

Rick Ingersoll
Web Designer
College of Arts and Science<http://www.cas.muohio.edu/>