Re: Interesting findings I cannot find

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 13:17:53 +0200
To: BIZ Chinabiz21 <biz@chinabiz21.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org
2012-01-03 10:51, BIZ Chinabiz21 wrote:

> checking
> http://chinabiz21.com/downloads/WFOE_definition.html/
> tells us
> /Line 13, Column 289/:end tag for "div" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was
> specified
[...]
> 1. we have Not One forgotten "div" tag ... and

Line 8 has many <div> tags and many </div> tags, and apparently one

>  2. line 13, btw, is a meta tag anyway (no idea where you take that ...

If you select "Show source" in the validator's interface, you will see
that line 13 is a very long line containing most of the document body.

Things may look different when viewed on an authoring program or an
editor that has line wrapping on, i.e. when it displays a long line
visually split into several lines.

It is generally best to use short lines in HTML documents. Although
there is no technical limit on line length, operations like validation
(and debudding) become difficult when lines are long (say, longer than
80 characters).

Yucca