Re: Attribute srcset not allowed on element img at this point.

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:53:42 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org
2012-12-18 10:33, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:

> Even if we were to have the validator recognize srcset
> at all at this point, it would be just in order to emit a warning message
> that basically says, "Don't use the srcset attribute, because it's not
> supported by browsers yet."

That's an odd approach. The HTML5 checker already issues far too many
messages, and informing about implementation status is rather pointless,
especially as regards to attributes.

*If* an attribute were part of the draft specification, then it should
be quite OK to use it, even if it is not supported yet. It would express
an author's suggestion of using alternate images under some conditions.

Yucca