Local install without transport layer

From: Manikandan R <manirajv06@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 16:50:07 +0530
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hello Everyone,

I've tried running validator using local instance approach in my
development box as I will be making huge number of validation requests per
each day. My understanding is, local instance runs as application on top of
httpd/apache and it has to be accessed using http protocol to do the
validation. Since there is transport layer involved here, my worry is about
application performance - decrease in throughput.

Is there any alternative where I can make use of this validator directly
from my code? For example, using method/functions from code. I can save the
time spent in making the http call.

FYI, My application is written in Java. Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,
Mani