Re: [XHTML 1.0 Strict] attribute shape on a defaulted from external subset

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:28:40 +0100
To: Thomas Pircher <tehpeh_ml@tty1.net>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

Thomas Pircher wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to validate an XHTML 1.0 Strict page and I get a lot of errors
>
> like these:
>

>   Line 26, Column 63: standalone: attribute shape on a defaulted from
>
> external subset
>
>   Line 36, Column 113: standalone: attribute method on form defaulted from
>
> external subset
>

> The validated URL is http://www.tty1.net/ .
>

> I have no idea what the error description is trying to tell me, let alone
>
> how to fix it. When I google for "defaulted from external subset", I find
>
> some W3C document for CSS, but the validator does not seem to fetch the CSS
>
> file from the server.

OMG.  I really have no idea, but I suspect one might be intended to
parse "attribute shape on a defaulted from external subset" as
"attribute shape on 'a' element defaulted from external subset",
in which case the following link may be more pertinent that one
concerning CSS :

	http://commonerrormessages.com/PHP_PEAR/standalone:_attribute_s_on_s_defaulted_from_external_subset

I would wait for Jucca to respond; he knows everything :-)

Philip Taylor