Re: [VE][html5] Bad value X-UA-Compatible for attribute http-equiv on element meta.

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 17:26:34 +0100
To: "www-validator@w3.org Community" <www-validator@w3.org>
On 3 Aug 2012, at 04:08, Peter Mitchell <anetaweta@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to fix the error I encounter when validating my site.  The error is a 'Bad value X-UA-Compatible for attribute http-equiv on element meta' unfortunately I do not know what this means.

This keeps coming up, so I think we need a FAQ / better error description for it. I might even write one myself if my other tasks for this weekend don't overwhelm me. Before I try to, however, could someone explain how the registered values for this get into the validator?

I'm assuming that I'll end up writing something along the lines of " meta extensions registered on the WHATWG wiki are periodically manually registered with the validator's experimental HTML 5 backend so new registrations should not be expected to be supported immediately", but would like to make sure that my memory is correct on that point.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk