AW: Tar-ball version differs from validator.w3.org

Is this a bug? I am a little bit confused. In my opinion the official validator page and the self installed version should give the same errors for the same page, if both validators are the same version.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Swen

Von: Jaime Iniesta [mailto:jaimeiniesta@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2012 16:08
An: S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH
Cc: David Dorward; www-validator@w3.org
Betreff: Re: Tar-ball version differs from validator.w3.org

2012/7/25 S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH <s.brueseke@proio.com>
My problem is not that Doctype is wrong or some tags got wrong attributes. That is a hole different problem.

My problem is, that w3 validator shows me a different number of errors than the validator I installed on a server. Both are version 1.3!

So it looks like the w3 validator is reporting less errors as the installable version?

> Hello,
>
> I am running my own validator on Linux (Debian, Apache2) and installed it without errors. But when I validate a page it shows me a different amount of error as the validator.w3.org. I am using the
> newest version available (1.3). Can somebody explain this behavior?
>
> Thank you very much for help.

- proIO GmbH -
Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify
the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.