X-UA-Compatible causes extraneous errors in the validator for an html5 page

From: Robert K. Foster <rkfoster@thewindjammer.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 18:44:58 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org
I can understand the issues and discussion surrounding the
"X-UA-Compatible" meta tag under html5. And it may be awhile before the
discussion is resolved. But the validator seems to thrown off when it
encounters this in an html5 web page. As far as I can determine the
following web page is valid html5 code...
http://canadianrockieshiking.com/

Yet I get other, apparently extraneous, errors in the validator as
follows...

Validation Output: 3 Errors

 Line 8, Column 52: Bad value X-UA-Compatible for attribute http-equiv on
element meta.

 Line 45, Column 7: Stray end tag head.
</head>

 Line 47, Column 6: An body start tag seen but an element of the same type
was already open.

If there is indeed something wrong with the code on that page then please
let me know.

Thanks,
Bob

NOTE: Whenever possible, give the address of the document you were checking.