Re: HTML5 Validation - Possible bug - Error "Duplicate attribute class"

From: Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:04:43 +0100
To: Doug McDonald <dougajmcdonald@gmail.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

Doug McDonald wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was checking over a site I have recently been working on to see how it validates against the HTML5 spec and I think I may have found a bug.
>
> Put simply the validator is telling me the following:
>
> Error /Line 119, Column 136/: Duplicate attribute class.

What /I/ see, Doug, at line 119, includes the following :

	<a class="articleTitle"
		href="http://www.dougmcdonald.co.uk/test/html5/v5/articles/2011/09/08/Javascript-open-a-maximised-window/"
			class="articleTitle">

Pretty clear case of a duplicate class attribute declaration,
it seems to me !

Philip Taylor