Dynamic Vs Static Html Validation

From: Yaros, Al <al.yaros@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:41:12 +0000
To: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi
I would like to know if I should - in terms of best practice - validate the dynamic Html or the Static one.
and what you are (Service) validating while using the URL as input.

Just to be sure we are talking on the same thing:
Static HTML
Is the html as it returned from the web server in response to a GET request without running any client side code.
This can be fetched by using right click - View source in the browser.

Dynamic HTML \ Rendered HTML
Is the HTML that eventually appears on the screen after the client\browser made some modifications to it usually originated by JavaScript code or just by different rendering methodologies. This can be fetched by using F12 Developer tools in IE.. and copying the Outer Html of the root node.

Thanks

Yaros, Al
Software Engineer, Sprinter
Hewlett-Packard Company