Re: Input Multiple Not Allowed. Suggestion: Input Multiple

20.10.2011 22:43, Aaron Smith wrote:

> Error Line 101, Column 109: Attribute multiple not allowed on element
> input at this point.
>
> …abel> <input multiple id="t13" type="text" value="more, than, one,
> value" ></p>

That's slightly misleading but I'm afraid there's no simple fix to this,
as the error message is given in different situations and needs to be of
generic nature. But maybe it could be more suitably formulated, e.g. as
"in this context" instead of "at this point". I'll check the
validator.nu discussion forum and make a suggestion there, if the
problem hasn't been raised there yet.

In this case, the problem is that the multiple attribute is allowed for
some types of <input> elements only, i.e. for some values of the type
attribute or, in the HTML5 parlance, for some "states" of the input element.

You don't need it for input type="text", as the field allows any text
input, including many words etc. - it is then up to the form data
handling to split the input string into pieces as needed.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/