Re: Software error: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/validator/httpd/cgi-bin/check line 2713.

From: Andy Schmidt <Andy_Schmidt@HM-Software.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 01:51:38 -0400
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
>> Cannot replicate this : 11-Oct-2011 14:06 GMT+1.

Philip Taylor <<

Sorry - I couldn't keep the test page up on the production environment.

I just reproduced the error for you in a test location:

I have since found that the problem can be circumvented, by explicitly
forcing the validator to UTF-8 encoding.

However, not everyone might think of that work-around as it is not at all
apparent from the cryptic source code error message that the site is
issuing. That's why I think it might be a condition that the validator
should handle more gracefully.

Best Regards,

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt