Re: validator flags "cache-control" for html5

5.10.2011 11:09, Max v. G-C wrote:
> /Errror:

> Line 7, Column 52/: Bad value cache-control for attribute http-equiv on
> element meta.

That corresponds to what the HTML5 drafts say; check out
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/semantics.html#attr-meta-http-equiv
If you think this should be defined otherwise, suggest a change to HTML5
or submit your definition to the extension mechanism defined there.

Of course, you also have the option of ignoring the error message. I
would suggest that if and only if you know what you are doing with the
tag. (In most cases, attempts at preventing all caching achieve little
more than some inefficiency.)

> However, this is exactly the example given at
>
> http://www.w3schools.com/html5/att_meta_http-equiv.asp

I don't want to call w3schools crap, because that would give it too much
weight. In any case, for the purposes of markup validation, whatever it
means in detail, the examples at this or that site purporting to teach
people HTML are immaterial.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/