Re: The validator change the declared encoding

From: JC Ahangama <ahangama@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 19:14:24 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org
I have the same problem.
This page has only iso-8859-1 characters:
http://www.ahangama.com/charset-iso-8859-1.htm
It declares iso-8859-2 as the charset. The non-ASCII characters show as
garbage (in Firefox 4). Even the source viewed through the browser is
corrupted.
This file is essentially the same, but with utf-8 declared in it:
file:///mnt/sda1/upload/charset-utf-8.htm
That file has no problem showing the contents correctly.

I have the opposite effect on the files at the following web site:
http://lovatasinhala.com/
Every file in there has to be declared as iso-8859-1 for proper display. If
I change the charset declaration in them to utf-8, then I get garbage. This
is very confusing

Please help us.

Thanks

JC
--

*

*Learn how to write Sinhala like you type English:*

සිංහලෙන් ලියන්න ලේසි ක්‍රමයක් <http://www.lovatasinhala.com/liyanna.php> <==
CLICK THIS