Re: Validator interface

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 10:45:31 +0100
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: Ferren MacIntyre <ferren.macintyre@gmail.com>

On 24 May 2011, at 08:39, Ferren MacIntyre wrote:

> The button says 'Revalidate', but (1) it is off screen when I want it, and needs to be scrolled up, and (2) the browsing box can't remember the name of the uploaded file to revalidate, so it has to be re-entered every time. If you have as many errors as I do, this can get old very quickly!

That's due to a security restrictions in browsers  you can't pre-populate a form control that uploads a file from the visitor's computer. You might be better off running your test pages on a webserver and testing with a URI.

> Incidentally, since I can't find anyone else to ask, why in the world does HTML5 object to resizing an image by percent. I just redid 9 chapters to satisfy my computer guru of 30 years standing because he wanted images to display on all the new small-screen gadgetry. Resize by percentage works fine, so why object to it?

Try the HTML working group, or the #html5 channel on the Freenode IRC network.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk